Thursday

a FamilyOlogy participant

Okay, I finally looked ALL OVER the site - I am impressed immensely. I read Ralph's writings about his family, the Commer/Meuser/Simunac writings (they're related to Poe? hmm) Also looked up Sharp(e) Wondered why Hattie and Inez changed Ralph's last name to SharpE and not Cal's last name, if they liked the E on the end so much better.

Was interested in the spelling Ralph had, and I did not know he quite high school when he was only a sophomore, and also of interest the streets where mom and dad lived when I was born and when Bev was born.

I liked the section that told of the family members being buried at which cemetery in Sacramento.

I think that all the blogs, entries, pictures and other personal information on these different people make them seem more like family members you've known for a long time, where it actually was the fact that you/we/anyone else has done so much detective work that they actually DO feel like they know these people. It's nice to know that after one is gone, they are not always forgotten.

GREAT JOB !

Jan Winkler

The site she's talking about is the New Familyology Blog, "More FamilyOlogy". I've been taking the seperate blogs from the old blogger server and migrating them into one very navigable dynamic blog. It's a great way to keep track of all the research and progress that is made in FAMILY history.

No comments: